Are you looking for a delicious and healthy pick-me-up that won't leave you with a caffeine crash? Look no further than blue matcha latte! Blue matcha latte is delicious and energizing, making it the perfect option for those who are looking for an alternative to coffee. Plus, it's packed with health benefits that will help you boost your energy levels and improve cognitive function.¹ So why not give this recipe a try the next time you need a quick boost of energy? Keep reading to find out more about this amazing superfood and get the recipe so you can start making your own blue matcha lattes!
What is Blue Matcha?
Blue matcha is made from blue butterfly pea flower powder, a type of herb native to Southeast Asia. It has been used in traditional Ayurveda medicine for centuries due to its high levels of antioxidants and vitamins. Like regular green matcha, blue matcha has an earthy flavor with subtle notes of sweetness. Unlike green matcha, blue matcha is herbal and contains no caffeine.
Benefits of Blue Matcha aka Butterfly Pea Flower Powder
In addition to being absolutely delicious, butterfly pea flower powder also offers great health benefits. Studies have shown that it can reduce stress levels, boost energy levels, improve cognitive function, and even promote healthy skin and hair growth.¹’²’³ So not only will you be getting an amazing pick-me-up in the form of a tasty latte—you'll also be treating your body right!
How to Make Your Own Blue Matcha Latte
Making your own blue matcha latte at home is incredibly easy—you only need four ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon of blue matcha powder aka butterfly pea flower powder (you can find it in our online store)
- 1 oz of warm water
- 1 cup of milk of your choice (we love it with oat milk)
- 1-2 teaspoons of honey or agave syrup (for sweetness)
- ⅛ of pure vanilla extract (optional)
STEP 1: Add 1 teaspoon of butterfly pea flower powder to a glass and pour 1 ounce of warm water.
STEP 2: Using a bamboo whisk or electric milk frother whisk until combined. Make sure you get a nice rim of froth at the top.
STEP 3: Top it off with hot or cold milk of your choice, add 1-2 teaspoons of agave and ⅛ of pure vanilla extract (optional).
STEP 4: Simply mix all the ingredients together until they're combined, pour into your favorite mug or glass, and enjoy!
Next time you need an energy boost without the caffeine jitters give this delicious blue matcha latte recipe a try! Not only is it easy to make using just four simple ingredients but it’s also full of health benefits like boosting energy levels and improving cognitive function.¹ Plus, it tastes amazing so what more could you want?
Give this recipe a try today and let us know how you liked it in the comments below!
Happy sipping friends!
- Pulok K. Mukherjee, Venkatesan Kumar, N. Satheesh Kumar, Micheal Heinrich, The Ayurvedic medicine Clitoria ternatea—From traditional use to scientific assessment, Journal of Ethnopharmacology, Volume 120, Issue 3, 2008. Pages 291-301, ISSN 0378-8741.
- Lijon, Md. (2017). Phytochemistry and pharmacological activities of Clitoria ternatea. International Journal of Natural and Social Sciences. 4. 01-10.
- Pageon H., Zucchi H., Pennacchi P.C., Asselineau D. (2017) Glycation and Skin Aging. In: Farage M., Miller K., Maibach H. (eds) Textbook of Aging Skin. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg.